Torbay Holiday Helpers Network (“THHN” or “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is THHN. We are a Registered Charity in England and Wales under registered charity number 1146245 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 07690157. Our registered office is at Hotel De La Mer 16 Babbacombe Road, Torquay, Devon TQ1 3SJ. We have notified the Office of the Information Commissioner of our data processing activities: our registration number is Z3334852.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Luke Tillen.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when completing and submitting our holiday or grant application forms, available through www.thhn.co.uk (our site). If an application is referred to us on your behalf for a holiday or grant we will ask you to agree to be bound by the terms of a separate Data Protection Statement setting out, amongst other things, what your and our obligations are with regard to the personal data which will be processed as a result of your application. For further information see our Data Protection Statement.
- Information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you complete an enquiry or contact us for any purpose, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your name, email or postal address and any other relevant information you choose to provide.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To produce leaflets and newsletters for our members, these may contain from time to time images and personal data of families who have used our services. However we never publish any image or personal data without first obtaining clear consent from those concerned.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our services, THHN may need to share certain personal data with other businesses, agencies, or organisations (“Third Parties”). Informed consent will always be sought before such data is shared. Although written consent will normally be sought, for some services it is not practicable to do so. In such cases verbal consent will always be sought to the storing and processing of data and this shall be documented on our database.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to us at Torbay Holiday Helpers Network, Hotel De La Mer, 16 Babbacombe Road, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 3SJ, United Kingdom or alternatively by email email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.