• Please refer to our FAQ page to check who can refer a family, and to ensure that the family you would like to refer fulfil our criteria. Please contact our holiday liaison officer Annemarie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to discuss a referral or to request an application and/or grant form.
• Our application form must be completed in full by the family, then passed back to the referee to be verified, signed and sent on to us. Please check that all sections of the form have been completed fully before signing and submitting it to avoid delays. Sufficient detail is required to allow us to check eligibility against our criteria and to ensure any special needs are met.
• Ideally forms should be completed and emailed to email@example.com , either by completing electronically or scanning in completed forms. If they need to be posted then please send to:
Torbay Holiday Helpers Network
c/o THHN Holiday Officer
2 Fore Street
• Once we have received an application we will make contact with the family to discuss their preferences; we then email out to our supporters to see if any of them can offer a holiday that meets the family’s needs.
• Our charity is unique in that most of our holidays and activities are very kindly offered free of charge by a variety of local businesses. We can accept referrals up to eight weeks in advance of the planned holiday – most holiday providers are understandably unable to commit to offering free accommodation further in advance than this.
• It helps if a family can indicate when they would like to holiday, in particular if they can ONLY take a break in school holidays. The chances of finding a suitable holiday is greatly increased if the family can be flexible with dates. Sadly school holidays requests are much more difficult to fill; we have so many families wanting to holiday then, and less availability from accommodation providers, but we will always do our very best to help.
• If and when suitable holiday offers are received we contact the family to discuss the options; once the family has verbally accepted an offer we send a formal confirmation letter to the family which is also copied to the referee. The family is then contacted again a week before the holiday to check all is well for their trip.
• We offer travel grants for one income or zero income families; further details are given on our website pages. Application for a travel grant must be made on our Grant Application form ( please request forms from firstname.lastname@example.org) and submitted by the referee.
• Our holidays may be half board hotels, bed and breakfast or self catering holidays (in which case food hampers are provided). We also include free entry to a wide range of local attractions and some cafes/restaurants – we aim to provide a fun filled holiday with as little outlay for the family as possible. All the accommodation, hospitality and free entry offers are generously donated by local businesses.
Get in touch with us
Volunteer Holiday Liaison Officerannemarie@thhn.co.uk